Unsightly, numb, painful and sensitive scars occur on the body from surgeries, traumas, and accidents. The visible physical portion of a scar, which lies on the skin’s surface, is merely the tip of the iceberg. Most of a scar lies below the skin surface where it grows roots while healing, like a tree, that pull on sensitive structures of the body causing issues far beyond the scar itself. Fibrous tissue that is a scar can cause pain, numbness, tightness, sensitivity, itching, reduced flexibility, or raised skin (keloid). The neurological flow of information and muscle control is also inhibited wreaking havoc in the body and mind.
Psychological effects of scars can be even more devastating than their physical effects and can include depression, embarrassment, low self esteem and body image, shyness, and social withdrawl.
A few examples of surgical scars are: mastectomy, appendectomy, gal bladder, C-section, breast augmentation and reduction, heart bypass, face lifts, liposuction, broken bones, hip replacements, knee replacements, rotator cuff surgery, removal of organs (kidney, gall bladder, appendix), brain surgery, back surgeries, neck surgeries, etc.
Causes of scars resulting from accidents include car accidents, slips and falls, sports injuries, workplace accidents, animal accidents, etc.
There is no more need to suffer from the multitude of effects from scars. Get started today reversing your scars, by calling us at 917-288-7477.
Some Scar-Relieving therapies available at The Lasting Pain Relief Center (LPR) include:
- Myofascial Release (MFR) – a state-of-the-art therapy, releases tightness and pain in and around the body part that needs or has had surgery. It also increases flexibility and range of motion. Treatments and home activity programs are available.
- Reiki – a highly-effective therapy that enhances the healing process by creating a relaxation response, moving stuck energy and toxins, and reducing anxiety, pain, nausea and fatigue. The immune system is also boosted and increases wellbeing.
- VOILA – an innovative way of helping the mind/body heal itself by restoring its natural state of Harmony and functions! It taps into your body’s ability to heal, be well, and perform at it’s best. It is the master switch to create strength, health, power, ease, andefficiency of every movement, in everyday life and in sports.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) – dramatically shortens healing time, toxins flushing out, and inflammation process while boosting overall health and the immune system.
- Hypnosis – helps tremendously to calm the mind and the body so it can heal faster and better and maintain overall being. It helps tremendously to overcome pain and tightness in the body and mind.
- Beyond Pain Management – delivers a life beyond pain that is more effective than pain management! This program and sessions make dramatic changes.
- Life Coaching – you get to Breakthrough and reset in Health, Career, Relationships, and Personal or Spiritual Development. Easily Stop: Anxiety & Panic, Depression, Stress, PTSD, Addictions – Smoking, Alcohol, Drug & Gambling, Fears & Phobias, False Belief and Limiting Beliefs, Sadness, Loss & Separation, Anger, Pain, Insomnia, Toxic Mind & Thoughts, Feeling Stuck & Overwhelmed, Sabotaging Habits & Thoughts, and Obstacles that keep you from being you. Simply Start Transformations to: Lose Weight, Feel Self , Confidence, Become More Successful, Public Speaking, Improve Learning & Test Scores, Relaxation & Peace, Joy & Play, Fitness, Healthy Habits & Lifestyle, Sports Performance, Financial Wealth Building, Mind Makeover, and Abundant Health & Wellness.
- Health Coaching – gives you a deeper understanding of how food and lifestyle choices affect your health, energy and mood. Information alone is insufficient to change. Our health and wellnesscoaches provide you with the tools, ongoing support and guidance as you make sustainable changes that improve your health and life.
- NeuroKinetic Therapy (NKT) – preprograms how dysfunctional body movement and erases compensation patterns.
- A Breath of Life program – focuses on reducing mental and physical stress through breathing exercises, visualization, meditation, releasing stress and negative emotions. A calm and relaxed mind and body are the results.