If you knew there is a way to STOP… PAIN and STRESS Quickly, Would you want to know about it?
The most common reason for doctor visits in the U.S. is pain. It is a symptom in many medical conditions which are the root cause of pain, and can substantially interfere with your quality of life, well being, joy and overall function.
Pain is a messenger that warns us of danger, so that we may do something to stop damage, heal, and save our lives. Physical pain warns of damage to the body. Emotional and physical pain keep us safe and away from people, places, and things that will hurt us.
Our holistic therapies can be a viable alternative to drugs, nerve blocks, surgeries, injections, TENS units, and countless time, money, and energy spent on pain management that only “manages” the pain symptoms, without correcting the pain at its source. Our comprehensive program titled “Moving Beyond Pain” helps transform pain from its many different sources and contributors. We also offer a variety of therapies to alleviate pain that area listed below.
WHAT IS PAIN?
Pain is so much more than just a message from injured tissue. Every pain sensation is 100% made in the brain. It is a complex experience that is the brain’s interpretation of signals it receives from the nerves throughout the body. It is meant to protect an area by immobilization and by alerting the brain that there is something happening and that needs to be done. The experience of pain is controlled in the brain and it is very individual and subjective. Different people experience pain differently. It varies by what pain means to that individual and their prior experience of pain.
Causes of pain include, but are not limited to, stress (physical and emotional), inflammation, poor posture, accidents, surgeries, some diseases, trauma, and repetitive positioning and stress.
The anticipation of pain is pain! Just thinking that something is going to be painful is painful, as if it was really happening. There’s a combination of sensations plus cognition (thinking, understanding, conscious) and emotion. It is changed (positively and negatively) by thoughts and emotions. Cells that fire together wire together. This means that pain strengthens and intensifies the longer it occurs. The neurons’ electromagnetic fields become stuck and cannot function properly. Reprogramming of movement, thoughts, and the unconscious mind is required to have a conscious mind be calm and reset back to normal.
The fight-flight-freeze response of our nervous system becomes activated when we have an accident, surgery, stress, and perceived threat of any kind. When there is a perceived threat, the sympathetic nervous system sends the signal to flood the body with adrenaline and cortisol. As that happens the body is super charged as if putting a finger in a light socket. It is on high alert and ready to fight or flee. However, what most people do is freeze which is the third response that the nervous system has to choose from. When we freeze, the adrenaline and cortisol are effectively stuck in the body and we are stuck “on” all the time. It affects many aspects of our life including sleep, mental clarity, focus, memory, energy level, movement, compensations, and physical abilities. We are stuck in that state until we change it.
When there is a lot of cortisol dispersed throughout the body, a person gets adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue, digestive issues, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, and so much more. Because once there is a perceived threat, the body shuts down unnecessary functions like digestion and ovulation, because they are not needed when being chased by a Sabertooth tiger (the perceived threat). Also, the cortisol inside of the gut does interferes with digestion and assimilation of nutrients in the body – which affects every body function. Which in turn affects the brain‘s ability to function whether it’s memory, brain fog, cognitive abilities, attention span, physical abilities and so much more.
To change this catch 22 vicious cycle, the key is to gently shift the body and the mind out of the frozen state and into our natural, relaxed state of the parasympathetic nervous system which is referred to as our Rest and Digest phase. This is our natural state. We have many techniques to assist you to shift your nervous system and to get your calm, relaxed, natural state back to its normal state.
CHRONIC VS ACUTE PAIN
Acute pain typically lasts just 6-8 weeks after an injury. Chronic pain occurs after that 6-8 week period. It gets worse and it spreads. Chronic pain is processed in a different part of the brain then acute pain. Environment, temperament, emotions, thoughts and memories change the way the brain processes pain. There are 16 Parts of the brain that have pain signaling sites. Nine of these are conscious, thinking, part of the brain. 5% of nerve cells are normally available to process pain. 15 to 25% of nerves become dedicated to servicing, proliferating, and creating more pain once it becomes chronic. The good news is that the brain had learned pain and it can unlearn pain and go back to its natural rest!
PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL PAIN
Social rejection and emotional pain hurt in the same way that physical pain hurts. A recent scientific study proves that brains make little distinction between the pain of being criticized or rejected by people (peers, friends, lovers, bosses or family) and the physical pain resulting from injury, disease, cancer, accident, traumas, repetitive stress, repetitive positioning, or inflammation. Additional scientific studies show that people with a deep sense of social connection (a sense of community) live longer, happier, and healthier lives than people who are lonely or socially isolated.
Emotional and physical pain are biologically experienced the same way throughout the whole brain to the neurotransmitters. Although both types of pain are processed by the brain, the mind is what perceives the stimulus as painful. This is why some people have a higher tolerance of pain than others. Emotional pain can become destructive and usually manifests itself as physical pain.
Pain, no matter what its source, can be transformed and eliminated with our unique collection of holistic therapies that are highly effective at alleviating acute and chronic pain.
PAIN IN THE BRAIN AND THE BODY
When a person has chronic pain changes are made not only in the body but also in the brain.
Pain is interpreted and decided in the brain. The process of determining whether something is a pain or not is one of the brain’s jobs. For example when a person stubs their toe, a message is sent via the nervous system via the nerves from the tow to the central nervous system which resides in the spine, then that message travels to the brain. Then the brain decides what to call it and how to interpret that message. The brain can decide that the message is an annoyance, is nothing to be concerned about, or that is it pain. If it is interpreted as pain than that body part will be more sensitive, immobilized so that healing can happen. The chronic pain cycle becomes a vicious cycle because the pain never actually gets healed and the brain begins creating more and more pain messages trying to get the attention to fix the problem.
Outside assistance is needed to alleviate chronic pain and to break the vicious cycle.
Some Pain Relief therapies available at The Lasting Pain Relief Center (LPR) include:
- Myofascial Release (MFR) – a state-of-the-art therapy, releases tightness and pain in and around the body part that needs or has had surgery. It also increases flexibility and range of motion. Treatments and home activity programs are available.
- Reiki – a highly-effective therapy that enhances the healing process by creating a relaxation response, moving stuck energy and toxins, and reducing anxiety, pain, nausea and fatigue. The immune system is also boosted and increases wellbeing.
- VOILA – an innovative way of helping the mind/body heal itself by restoring its natural state of Harmony and functions! It taps into your body’s ability to heal, be well, and perform at it’s best. It is the master switch to create strength, health, power, ease, andefficiency of every movement, in everyday life and in sports.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) – dramatically shortens healing time, toxins flushing out, and inflammation process while boosting overall health and the immune system.
- Hypnosis – helps tremendously to calm the mind and the body so it can heal faster and better and maintain overall being. It helps tremendously to overcome pain and tightness in the body and mind.
- Beyond Pain Management – delivers a life beyond pain that is more effective than pain management! This program and sessions make dramatic changes.
- Life Coaching – you get to Breakthrough and reset in Health, Career, Relationships, and Personal or Spiritual Development. Easily Stop: Anxiety & Panic, Depression, Stress, PTSD, Addictions – Smoking, Alcohol, Drug & Gambling, Fears & Phobias, False Belief and Limiting Beliefs, Sadness, Loss & Separation, Anger, Pain, Insomnia, Toxic Mind & Thoughts, Feeling Stuck & Overwhelmed, Sabotaging Habits & Thoughts, and Obstacles that keep you from being you. Simply Start Transformations to: Lose Weight, Feel Self , Confidence, Become More Successful, Public Speaking, Improve Learning & Test Scores, Relaxation & Peace, Joy & Play, Fitness, Healthy Habits & Lifestyle, Sports Performance, Financial Wealth Building, Mind Makeover, and Abundant Health & Wellness.
- Health Coaching – gives you a deeper understanding of how food and lifestyle choices affect your health, energy and mood. Information alone is insufficient to change. Our health and wellnesscoaches provide you with the tools, ongoing support and guidance as you make sustainable changes that improve your health and life.
- NeuroKinetic Therapy (NKT) – preprograms how dysfunctional body movement and erases compensation patterns.
- A Breath of Life program – focuses on reducing mental and physical stress through breathing exercises, visualization, meditation, releasing stress and negative emotions. A calm and relaxed mind and body are the results.