PTSD ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can disrupt a person’s whole life, including: job, relationships, health, happiness, and enjoyment of everyday activities. It is triggered by a terrifying event or ordeal in which a person was harmed or threatened. Events that lead to the development of PTSD can include: Natural Disaster (i.e. Hurricanes, Tornados, Earthquakes), Terrorist Attack (i.e. 911 in New York City), Automobile or Horse Accident, Life-Threatening Medical Diagnosis (i.e. Cancer, AIDs), Auto Immune Disorders, Divorce, Rape, Childhood Neglect, Emotional and Physical Abuse, Sexual Molestation, Physical Attack, Being threatened with a Weapon, Fire, Mugging, Robbery, Assault, Civil Conflict, Plane Crash, Torture, Kidnapping, Combat Exposure, and other extreme or Life-Threatening Events.
People who witness traumatic events, and who are related to (family and friends) victims can also get PTSD. Twice as many women as men experience PTSD. Depression, alcohol/drugs or other substance abuse, eating disorders, suicidal thoughts or actions, or other anxiety disorders frequently co-occur with PTSD. In addition, PTSD has been linked to increased risk of Cardiovascular Disease, Chronic Pain, Gastrointestinal Disease, Autoimmune Diseases (i.e. rheumatoid arthritis and thyroid disease), and Musculoskeletal Conditions.
It is an anxiety disorder characterized by many symptoms. Symptoms can begin within three months to many years after a triggering event and fall into three categories as reported by the Mayo Clinic: 1) Intrusive Memories (flashbacks, reliving the event, and nightmares), 2) Avoidance and Numbing (trying to avoid thinking or talking about the traumatic event, feeling emotionally numb, avoiding activities you once enjoyed, hopelessness about the future, memory problems, trouble concentrating, difficulty maintaining close relationships), and 3) Increased Anxiety or Emotional Arousal – Hyperarousal (irritability or anger; sweating; irritability; overwhelming guilt or shame; self-destructive behavior, such as drinking too much; trouble sleeping; being easily startled or frightened; hearing or seeing things that aren’t there; and feeling that one can never relax and must be on guard all the time to protect oneself). Symptoms can be constant or come and go. Receiving treatment as soon as possible after the event typically prevents long-term suffering from PTSD.
Traditional medical treatment can include psychotherapy, group support, anger management and prescription medication (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and antidepressants).
The Lasting Pain Relief Center offers proven alternative therapies that work to alleviate PTSD and allow you to get your life back and happiness, enjoying every day and being grateful to be healthy.
Our PTSD Relieving therapies include:
- Myofascial Release (MFR) – a state-of-the-art therapy, releases tightness and pain in and around the body part that needs or has had surgery. It also increases flexibility and range of motion. Treatments and home activity programs are available. Release trauma that is trapped in the body tissues.
- Reiki – a highly-effective therapy that enhances the healing process by creating a relaxation response, moving stuck energy and toxins, and reducing anxiety, pain, nausea and fatigue. The immune system is also boosted and increases wellbeing.
- VOILA – an innovative way of helping the mind/body heal itself by restoring its natural state of Harmony and functions! It taps into your body’s ability to heal, be well, and perform at it’s best. It is the master switch to create strength, health, power, ease, andefficiency of every movement, in everyday life and in sports.
- Hypnosis – helps tremendously to calm the mind and the body so it can heal faster and better and maintain overall being. It helps tremendously to overcome pain and tightness in the body and mind.
- Beyond Pain Management – delivers a life beyond pain that is more effective than pain management! This program and sessions make dramatic changes.
- Life Coaching – you get to Breakthrough and reset in Health, Career, Relationships, and Personal or Spiritual Development. Easily Stop: Anxiety & Panic, Depression, Stress, PTSD, Addictions – Smoking, Alcohol, Drug & Gambling, Fears & Phobias, False Belief and Limiting Beliefs, Sadness, Loss & Separation, Anger, Pain, Insomnia, Toxic Mind & Thoughts, Feeling Stuck & Overwhelmed, Sabotaging Habits & Thoughts, and Obstacles that keep you from being you. Simply Start Transformations to: Lose Weight, Feel Self , Confidence, Become More Successful, Public Speaking, Improve Learning & Test Scores, Relaxation & Peace, Joy & Play, Fitness, Healthy Habits & Lifestyle, Sports Performance, Financial Wealth Building, Mind Makeover, and Abundant Health & Wellness.
- Health Coaching – gives you a deeper understanding of how food and lifestyle choices affect your health, energy and mood. Information alone is insufficient to change. Our health and wellnesscoaches provide you with the tools, ongoing support and guidance as you make sustainable changes that improve your health and life.
- A Breath of Life program – focuses on reducing mental and physical stress through breathing exercises, visualization, meditation, releasing stress and negative emotions. A calm and relaxed mind and body are the results.
- Meditation and Mindfulness – teach the brain and nervous system to relax and stay that way, knowing that all is well and you are safe.